Sunday, January 14, 2007

Releaning My Christianity


My journey for what it seems right now is just beginning.. again! A new journey or an extension of the one started a long time ago? I am not sure. But I am excited at what I see God doing!! (in me!)


A little bit about me. I used to be very ill for 5-7 years and on 3 types of Morphine and 20+ other pills a day. It has blown my memory. That is what got me started on this journey. I have to relearn my Christianity. Some folks have to unlearn the junk they were taught but I am fortunate that I just get to relearn. I fear that I misused my Christian years learning from men and big teacher’s things that I am now discovering have no scriptural basis. I cry!


He is showing me so much! And unfortunately up till now I have had no one to share it with because it is so controversial. Most of my what-were friends think I have gone overboard or patronize me. I go back to the feet of my Lord and cry. The Lord is opening doors where I go online to read about others that he is taking through this journey also. It is refreshing to know I am not a freak. {giggle}


My questions never end. And I get so frustrated because all my what-were friends think I am nuts to be questioning EVERYTHING! I have pastor friends that think I have stepped over the line because I am not just .. whatever.. believing?.. having faith?... God only knows!!!!


I am using this blog to document this new journey. Maybe one day I will write a book? Nah! I don’t want to be famous and have my quotes turned into some statue or necklace in a Bible store! If God wants others to know he will speak to them as he does to me. Or he will open up other avenues for me to share.


I am learning that too much of what I thought was 'Christianity' was just a pile of men's (and women’s) version of what they thought would be ultra-religious.But these teachings whether they were non-biblical or extra-biblical threw a whole lot of folks into oblivion and others into vices and for those of us that are very fortunate it is throwing us into the Fathers lap!


I am relearning at no cost. I don’t care what your name or title is-- I will question anything that I even think crawls the wrong way. Like the signature says, ~Unanswered questions aren't nearly as dangerous as unquestioned answers.~


I cannot take any mans word that what they say or what they are about is the truth until I can dig deep, then deeper and pray for much discernment to sift through the good, bad and ugly.

I am on a journey to find the truth.

No comments: