Monday, February 26, 2007

The Healing Tool


In my art I do portraitures of people. I take a photo that folks give me and I create art out of it. I can erase blemishes and lines, add color or a tan, add a special background, give the whole picture a dreamy glow and then make it look as if it was painted in watercolor, oils pastels or more. The end result can be quite different than the beginning. The women are usually happy with the upgrades. There are so many things I can do to make them 'model-like'.

Recently I had a woman that isn’t too happy with her overall appearance admit the difference I could make in her facial exterior. But forlornly she went on to also say, 'I wish someone could do that for my insides'. That was so sad.

In one graphics program I use there is a ‘healing brush tool’. I use it to take care of blemishes or any imperfection. This woman knows of Christ but hasn’t given her wretchedness over to him to ‘heal’. God has the ultimate healing tool.

In Matthew 13 Jesus was speaking in parables and his disciples were asking him why. He started an explanation then said in verses 15 & 16,

For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.’ But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. (Italics mine)

God can do a far better job at healing emotional and spiritual blemishes if we just let him in to do the work. He is like an artist that won’t start the work until they are officially commissioned. Come humbly before your Maker and commission him to start a new work in you lest at any time you should see with your eyes, and hear with your ears, and should understand with your heart, and should be converted, and he should heal you.

No comments: