Saturday, February 17, 2007

Who is God to You?

We all have different views of God. To some folks he is ‘Gawd’, big omnipotent, impersonal, remote, unfriendly, judgmental, hypercritical, disapproving, etc. These are the folks that aren’t exactly sure of their salvation, or what the requirements are from this Gawd towards their life. They have never had a personal commune with their creator and final judge. They hope for the best. They will continue to try and try to do their religious appointments.

To others he is friend, companion, ally, brother, helper, partner, redeemer, and rescuer. This outlook can tend to cause one to view this God as a very personal being even to the extent of him being so nice and good that he wants the absolute best blessings possible for your life without the trials, sifting and judging.

To me he is holy, awesome, judge, lover of my soul, rewarder, rock, safety net and to be greatly feared. This to me is the middle road because it provides me with the fullness of who God is in his entirety without false hopes or fluffy expectations. I am not looking only to the blessing of his hand but I await the judgment of his heart and delight in the voice that will redeem me even in his righteous judgment.

No comments: