Monday, May 7, 2007

An Organic Emerging!

This is how I see it for today. There has been an odor in our shower the last few days. I scrub and we wipe the stall down after every shower, have clean towels, etc. I cannot figure out what the smell is. We just re-caulked last month so it isn’t any mildew. It is a ‘dirt’ smell. I think the word would be ‘organic’.

In my spiritual journey, I notice the new buzzwords are organic and emerging. This smell was both! I sniffed everything out. Today I opened the container that held a chamois that my husband uses to dry the shower stall. That was the smell. It wasn’t a ‘bad’ smell per se, it was just different and not one I was used to smelling in my bathroom.

This is similar to where God is taking us. He is trying to show us something organic and emerging… and different. Not bad. Just different. We are used to the clean fresh smells of an organized church and church setting. Everything in its place and everyone taking their rightful places on stage for their timed performance. We are even used to the smell of the old Law of religion and it smells ok to us. We are used to it. It is safe. There are boundaries. It seems easier to be told what to do, when to do it, how to do it and to whom. Then when God wants to open new doors to his real reality, our senses back away as if it is a bad thing.

We have been so assimilated with the thoughts and ideas that everything from the pulpit has been from God. That if the ministry is large or if they are able to ‘perform’ tricks and healings then the Holy Spirit surely must have his hand upon it. Nothing could be farther from the truth. It is sad that the stench of old Law, religion and sin draws our attentions but the pure odor of an organic emerging repulses us. God definitely has his work cut out for him.

No comments: