Saturday, April 21, 2007

777- Part 1

This is the beginning of a few blogs about this supposed spectacular event that will occur on ‘777’ or July, 7 2007. If you go to http://www.prayon777.com/ you can get more details. The premise is that on that day being that 666 is the devils number with all things bad included then 777 must be God’s number and all things good.

As I enter this page, I am stunned by so much that I don’t know where to begin. Since I am not a very smart and organized person that has the ability to take each paragraph and address it logically I will pluck the ones that seem to grab my attention first.

“Christians:- pray on saturday July 7 2007 with millions for the world's greatest prayer day.

Pray to be raptured, healed or for whatever is in your heart(the spirit will be eternally strong that day because of faith). Prayer works and this day will bless our world as millions speak in humble mighty prayer for what they desire in their hearts.”


My first thought that comes to mind is that if we are all praying for different things then we are not praying in one accord and are not in agreement. However, I guess according to Matthew 18:19 we only need two of us to agree on something.

My second thought is why would the spirit (little ‘s’) be eternally strong that particular day? If they are speaking of the third in the trinity, meaning the Holy Spirit then is the Spirit reliant upon a human’s faith to empower it? Mark 14:38 says the Spirit is truly ready but the flesh is weak. Romans 8:28 says the Spirit helps OUR infirmities. Does the Holy Spirit need our help? Is there a dependence upon mere humans in order for the Spirit to move upon this earth?

This is the BIG question. Similar to my Trinity Lotto blog, if some are praying for healing, some are praying for revival while others are praying for the rapture… then who’s prayer does God answer? Does he heal some, set a revival going in a few places then rapture only those that asked for it??

Obviously, my questions could go on and on. Call me a stupid person for not knowing the answers or call me extremely inquisitive, whichever.

The scripture that has continually come to mind in the past months of my inquisition to my beliefs is this: 1 Corinthian 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.

Stay tuned for Part 2!

No comments: