Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hinn Heals??


Some people get real upset when one talks about Benny Hinn. For some reason, many folks are quick to defend him and his ways. That is fine. That is between them and God. Just as my opinions are between God and me.

I can give a long laundry list of reasons why I don’t like the guy. A couple would be that he misuses scripture in incredible ways, he doesn’t have a shred of humility and he can spend more money on frivolous things- money in my mind that could feed or clothe a lot of needy humans. ALL in the name of Christ of course.

This is one of the bigger issues I have with him. He claims healings at his meetings but many reliable news sources have asked for documentation yet he cannot seem to come up with any. If it were me, I would be making it a solid part of my ministry to document and make available to everyone what God has done. After all, this is supposed to be for God’s glory, right?

You see when I believed that God healed me two years ago, I could have either gone to a doctor to verify or wait the course and see for myself. I have seen myself do things that neither I nor anyone with my diseases could normally be able to do. I have let others see my complete change also. (I didn’t go to a doc to verify because I wasn’t feeling too spiffy about doctors and they sure did make a mess of my life and I didn’t want their hand in any more of my business.)

However, when that doctor called the other day to tell me my thyroid was fine and there was no sign of arthritis I finally realized that was God! Apart from man. No one laid hands on me. No one prayed for me. I wasn’t at a rally and there was no emotion or commotion yet God independent of ‘needing’ a humans intervention chose to heal me. And I now have doctors verification.

When something truly is of God, one is not afraid to give him all the glory. I read in another blog this week about ministries being named after the person and not God. Maybe that is why they call it the Benny Hinn Ministries ~ because it is all about Mr. Hinn and God got left out at some point along the line. How sad.

No comments: