Tuesday, April 10, 2007

No Psych Evals!?

As some of you know, I used to be very sick. I have a memory loss due to the massive types and amounts of drugs taken. I honestly cannot recall if I ever wrote about how I got ‘better’.

It will have been 2 years this August. Since that time, I have done things I couldn’t normally do. I do my housework in a two story 3 bathroom, occupied by too many people right now. I eat, sleep, and live completely differently. Folks have been watching me to see if I was really ok. My mother said that God didn’t heal me but it was my positive thinking. For anyone who knows me that is laughable since I am not considered the most positive person in the bunch!

Two diagnoses that I had in the past were hyperthyroidism and rheumatoid arthritis. These were only two of about eight others.

The other day I went to the docs for the first time in almost two years. After having so many doctors all up in my business for so long and with having two children almost on their deathbeds for years I was completely fine if I never saw one again!

I have ‘extra baggage’ and went in to have my thyroid checked to see if that was the reason. Thankfully, I chose a Christian doctor and shared briefly about me being sick and that I believed God healed me. Had it been a secular doctor they might have been ordering psych evals instead of thyroid tests.

Today I get a call from the doctor saying that my thyroid is fine and that there is some inflammation but not anything related to arthritis or lupus.
At first, I was bummed because I didn’t have a reason for the weight gain other than the slowing metabolism due with age.

It took a while then it hit me. God did heal me! That is the proof. Rheumatoid arthritis doesn’t just go away and thyroids do not just level themselves out.

Some would have shouted to give God all the glory! Me, I am just quiet with sheer humility that God was so gracious. As he always has been in my life.

2 comments:

Ben said...

thank you, dawn, for sharing this with us, amen and amen

Damale' said...

Yes Ben. God is good all the time. Even when we don't think he is there!!