Thursday, April 19, 2007

Bush Spout-Off!

"Be not overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."
~ President Bush, quoting from Romans 12 during the memorial convocation at Virginia Tech

If this is a true thought for Bush then why has the US been in Iraq for 4 years?

CNN reports that there have been 3,315 Americans killed. According to the Pentagon 24,764 U.S. troops have been wounded in action.

BBC news says an estimated 655,000 Iraqis have died since 2003 who might still be alive but for the US-led invasion.

Have all these people been killed by overcoming evil with good?

Is that what Bush thinks is overcoming evil with good? Golly gee, if we do any more good to the Iraqis they will be extinct.

Don’t get me wrong. I am not into all the politics behind this war remembering that I was very ill when this all started and I have limited memory capabilities. I remember that both my son and son-in-law went there at the same time to serve this country. And by God’s grace they came home. I know that government PR says that we are trying to avert more crisis by our presence in Iraq. I don’t really know all the details or the truth.

For the sake of this blog I just want to understand what Bush’s idea of overcoming evil with good means. Are we now going to invade South Korea because it was one of their people that claimed the title of ‘for the deadliest shooting rampage in U.S. history’?

This is not a blog about the true meaning of evil and good. This is about a man that runs our country, claims Christianity, is a 33rd degree Mason and spouts good rhetoric for applause but his actions do not correspond with his mouth.

NOTE: Forgive my ignorance of the American government, its systems, statutes and reasoning’s. This is just my uneducated opinion of how I see it.

No comments: