Saturday, April 7, 2007

I Had to Breathe, Right?!

Wow. I took that plane ride the other day as a favor to help someone out. This person hated flying and something needed to be delivered that day so I said I would do it for them.

Now I am sick from breathing in 15 hours of re-circulated airplane air. I could wonder:
~Why God didn’t protect me from getting sick when I was doing such a charitable act?
~Was I supposed to claim a scripture first or after?
~What happened to all the perfect health these faith-teachers preach?

All the positive thinking in the world would not have prevented the re-circulated germs from entering my system. I did have to breathe, right? Should I have quoted scripture all day or rebuked the devil? Was this a spiritual attack?

Or…maybe it is just that God allows sickness in our bodies as a gauge to tell our bodies to slow down and regroup. He gives us common sense to use for our benefit. Not everything in life has a spiritual connotation behind it. If the toilet paper runs out, it isn’t an attack from the devil but possibly our own laziness, forgetfulness or stupidity.

I am sick because I am sick. I have no hidden sin. I am not doing spiritual warfare. I didn’t step out of God’s anointing. The devil or his cohorts are not attacking me. Moreover, I probably didn’t have some high Wiccan on the planes trying to sabotage me cause they ‘knew’ I was a Christian.

Sometimes we are just too spiritual for our own good. I wonder if God is as ‘spiritual’ or ‘religious’ as his so-called followers seem to be.

No comments: