Friday, April 13, 2007

Blog Condensation!

As some of you know, part of the purpose of these blogs is to relearn my Christianity and to relearn my computer skills. I have six blog sites going all with the same writings on them. Each site provided me experience to figure out what it would and would not allow me to do. Some gave me the chance to add special things like pictures, links, or other interests. I was looking for a user-friendly site. One that was not too complex in what it was asking me to do combined with the freedom to make quick edits if needed.

These are the blog sites I had going:
I’m Losing My Religion via Blogstream.com
Who’s Your Idol via Blogspot.com
The Road Less Traveled via Yahoo 360
Forsaking My Religion via Wordpress.com
A general blog on Myspace.com
Forsaking My Religion via Freewebs.com

I was testing to see audience participation, comments, visitors, friendliness, stats, available content, etc. I had just started the Wordpress and Freeweb one last week. It seemed like a constant struggle to upload anything to the Freeweb one. Pages didn’t work and it was not used friendly. Maybe it was just me. The one with Wordpress, although I had heard good things about the site, was static. I was able to post a Flickr picture thing and a few quotes in the sidebar but it didn’t seem to offer me much more. Logging on was not right there and I had to scroll the page to get to the link to log in.

My Yahoo 360 page was started the same time as Losing My Religion and Who’s Your Idol. Yahoo only allows you to upload and do certain things within their parameters. It was easy to post and view things. They did a stat report on the page. I never received any comments on the page so I had no idea if anyone was really reading. The numbers were moving but that’s all I could see. I have decided to retire the Yahoo 360 and both Forsaking My Religion sites.

Who’s Your Idol has given me the most options. I can add almost anything I want on the page. It isn’t just a blog. I can put music, pictures, links, and a whole bunch of other assorted goodies that represent who I am and what I believe. It is easy to upload, change, post and edit. I am able to add special stat reports so I can see if I am having any impact.

Even though it gives me limited options I will keep posting on Myspace only because I think that on such a wordly site maybe a tich of Christ might shine some light on someone needing it. The numbers reading or viewing my blog are constantly moving probably because of the sheer volume of people on Myspace at any given time. However, if it can impact someone at all then it will have been worth it. I do not like all the garbage I have to be confronted with on a continual basis but I suppose until God says stop I will stay there.

I will continue to post on Losing My Religion because I do have a few readers there that are sitting in the wings quietly. On occasion, they let me know they are reading even though they are not of the ‘comment’ variety of folks.

Therefore, for those of you reading this on Yahoo, Wordpress or Freewebs, if you want to still read my writings the best place to find me is at http://whosyouridol.blogspot.com.

Be blessed in his love.

No comments: