Sunday, April 1, 2007

Theological Question? Need Help!

As some of you may know, I am relearning a whole bunch of my ‘Christianity’ due to a memory issue. I have a question that I do not seem to understand concerning Easter.

Luke 24:46 says, ‘And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day.’

So if the bible says he died around noon, I am assuming it was what folks call Good Friday, and rose on the ‘third’ day, would that not make it Monday morning instead of ‘Easter-Sunday’ morning?

Why do we Christians celebrate his death on Friday and his resurrection only two days later? Am I completely missing something? PLEASE someone enlighten me! I am absolutely clueless on this one!

1 comment:

Ben said...

there is a man in whitehouse texas named ronald dart and he teaches the week had a normal weekly sabbath and it also had a special holiday sabbath so when Jesus died they prepared his body hastily before the sabbath and laid him in the tomb and rested on the sabbath and then spent the next day preparing the ointments and herbs (or whatever it was) and then rested on the sabbath and then the next day went to the tomb to find it empty...

i really enjoy his program and i tend to trust his teaching but i have not researched this question myself so i do not know if i agree with him or not on the issue of Christian Holidays but if you wish to listen to what he has to say you will find him at http://www.borntowin.net/radioarchives.aspx