Sunday, March 25, 2007

FREAK!

I was cleaning the baseboards this morning. Why? Some say because I am a clean freak. No. I was on the floor playing ball with the dog and noticed how dirty they were and... I am just not a dirty freak. It took all of 3 minutes to clean the baseboards where I was and down the hallway to the bathroom. No biggie. I can move on and do whatever else was planned for the day.

I always try to see how things figure into the Christian version. Can I now say I am a Jesus freak because I am NOT a Satan freak? No. I am a Jesus freak because of who Jesus is in my life, because of what he has done for me personally; for all he has secured for me and delivered me from. I wouldn’t necessarily call it a ‘freak’ either. I love my husband but I am not a freak for him.

I am very appreciative of all that Jesus has offered me. I am grateful for the fact that he does what he says he will do. Do I misinterpret what those things might be? Absolutely.

In further thinking about the word freak, I realized that I am a freak about something. Truth. I cherish ‘truth’ above all else.

Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. ~John 14:6

No comments: