Friday, March 23, 2007

A Mumbled Heart?

Every time I see the blog title ‘Humbled Heart’ I read ‘mumbled heart’. Maybe God is trying to speak to me. Maybe my heart is more mumbled than humbled. What a thought!

What is mumbled? The synonyms would be inarticulate, garbled, incoherent, unintelligible and incomprehensible. Wow. The definition says to speak or utter something quietly and unclearly without opening the mouth very much or an indistinct and quiet utterance.

I wonder if my heart is unclear and unintelligible. Does God hear my heart even when it doesn’t ‘speak’ clearly? Do I have to make him work extra hard to define what I am really meaning? Have I taught myself to think my heart is more humbled than mumbled? Have I convinced myself how to be humble?

Wow. A mumbled heart, eh? That is something to ponder.

No comments: