Saturday, March 10, 2007

Happy Nappy Time

As I lay down on top of the bed to nap, I pulled the loose blanket on top of me and snuggled in. My mind was turning over events of my day so far. I pondered things, prayed a little and noticed my heart beat slowing down, my body relaxing and my thoughts subsiding. I was then brought back to reality by a slight chill. My first reaction was, ‘Oh Lord help warm me up so I can fall asleep.’ I lay there for another minute or two and the chilliness was still right there. I pondered why God wouldn’t want to answer such a small request like this one. I was then reminded in my spirit that there was another blanket within arms distance if I were to just roll over and grab it.

I suppose in our laziness we ask God to do things we are more than capable of doing ourselves. Maybe we do this to test him as if in a soft cuddly ultimatum to see if he performs to our liking it means that he really does love us. I know that in some denominations they teach you that God wants to be your jump-to-man, your puppet to perform feats of magic just for you. Why? Because you are a child of the living God and deserve nothing but the best as Kings Kids. Whichever reason, it is wrong, presumptuous and child-like ~ not Christ-like.

I grabbed the other blanket and prayed again. ‘Oh Father forgive me for trying to make you my private genie.’ My heart was broken and I grieved myself to sleep.

No comments: