Tuesday, March 27, 2007

True Blessings!

I recently read a blog about blessing one’s enemy. I have had that idea come past me many, many times in my life. In my religious Charismaniac mind, I would want to ask God to bless them profusely, abundantly, financially and meet all their needs. (Wow! Aint I special to be able to pray that for my enemies?!)

Since trying to ditch my ‘religiosity’, I am now struck with a thought and pervading question of ‘why I would pray such things?’ Why would I pray financial prosperity on my enemy? I do not stop and question this to be vindictive but out of Christ’s love within me.

I ponder if financial prosperity would lead them to Christ. (But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation Luke 6:24). Would it bring them to the cross? Would it benefit them for eternity? Not so much. The financial security would be a curse and not a blessing if it lead them away from the cross.

So what would be the absolute best I could give my enemies? That God’s will be done in their life; that situations would happen, good or bad, to bring them to their knees at the cross.

The cross is the absolute best I could give my enemies. Therefore, I would pray that if God needs to break them to ‘bless’ them, so be it.

If by some strange miracle they could come to the cross by way of riches… then I pray God would bless them financially and prosper them mightily.

No comments: