Thursday, March 8, 2007

Pink Elephants with Blue Ticks!!

In my blogging newness, I am discovering that I fear one must write to appease the crowds. If you can come up with a catchy title to draw them in even if it has nothing to do with the blog then you get five invisible bonus points! Once people get on your page and begin to read your blog it is an automatic additional 4 points and when and if they get to the end you score six more! But wait! IF they leave a comment longer than the basic “Hey man good blog!” you receive 12 more points and your ratings skyrocket! Incredible isn’t it! (Eh? Oh.. you didn’t know you got invisible points? You must have forgotten to read the fine, fine print when you signed up! LOL!)

I wonder if I want to write for the approval of invisible ratings. I wonder if it matters if anyone really reads any of this. I wonder if this will become another social activity like many church activities that may distract me from my true journey. Will I waste time during the day and night trying to come up with things to blog about just for the hey of it? Will I become consumed with writing ‘anything’ for the sake of writing to get my invisible approval button? Will I ever be clever and artistic enough to come up with titles that are catchy enough? Wow! This could become a real hoop-jumper!

It almost reminds me of going to church with trying to jump through all the hoops of the week trying to make all the services, special services, events, classes, studies, prayer times, social clubs, potlucks, etc. On Sunday morning if you didn’t think that the sermon was completely biblical, forbid that you might share that with someone else because then you would be instantly backsliding or living in secret sin.

I remember one church that I attended about 20+ years ago. It took a while but I eventually began to see the cliques. If you sang just right or looked good when you sang then you could be part of one group. If you raised you hand with the proper inflection then you were given invisible points and were allowed in another crowd. In this particular church, there were very limited amounts of these elite. That was because you had to have many bonus points to even be considered. Other than that, you were just another spectator that went to the church for whatever your reasons might have been. I left. I didn’t want any of their bonus points. Forbid that I might have been included with them. Ug!

I do not much do cliques, special groups, hoop jumping, or ‘brown-nosing’ of pastors. I suppose I don’t really care about visible or invisible bonus points for catchy and creative titles and blogging. I do care about whether what I speak is truth or biblical. I care about the fact that too many folks are wearing the ‘invisible’ button called Christianity. I care that folks are being drawn away from Christ by all the silly things folks are doing in his name. It breaks my heart.

I constantly wonder… can God’s heart break?

But I guess that’s probably another blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Link exchange is nothing else except it is just placing the other person’s website link on your page at suitable place and other person will also do similar in favor of you. [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-maloetazhnom-stroitelstve/81-maloetazhnoye-stroitelstvo-v-podmoskovye.html]портал строительной техники[/url]