Thursday, March 22, 2007

Humbled Heart

For anyone that has read my posts they know that I am trying to figure out what makes a good blog without selling out. I don’t want to write just for writing sake. But I am like y’all and I wonder what makes you guys read some but not others. What draws one to read or read all the way through? Is it a good title, a short post, a reflective moment or ‘chance’?

I am running four separate blogs. Three are identical in their posts. The reason for that is to help me relearn my computer and the internet. Each site requires different things in order to post ‘their way’. So it makes me learn each of them through repetition.

Each has a visitor counter. Two come with the blog so I am limited in how much knowledge I can have beyond sheer numbers. The third is my own counter that can give me stats. I use them to see what makes the numbers move. I do not mean in a scientific sense. I am NOT just writing to generate numbers. But like I said at the beginning of the post, I am curious about what makes one post get read versus another not so much. What makes folks comment versus others that go completely silent?

I see other bloggers that get comments as soon as they post. I see some that have never received a comment.

Am I living for the comments? (Like in a previous post… I do get extra invisible points for comments!!) I posted tonight and started to get comments. I wondered why. My first reaction was… cool! But as I read one that was short and simple I was hit with the realization that it is extremely humbling that anyone at all is even reading my stuff. I am just another blogger in blog-world. I write ok. From my heart. I tend to be a ‘little’ harsh and will cut with a knife if I think you want to play religious games and think no one see’s. I am down to earth and don’t like to play games of any sort although I am trying a lighter shade of glasses these days without veering from compromising the truth.

I sit here humbled. I believe… no wait, this is NOT a religious statement… but I believe it has to be God. Ok so that doesn’t sound super-spiritual I will explain. The counter stats said Tuesdays were the biggest hits between 9:30 pm and 11:30. I pondered that and wanted to be able to post something somewhat profound for Tuesday to see what would happen- to see if the stats were on track. Funny thing… on the site where the stats told me this I received all of 2 unique visitors for the 24 hour period. But on this site where I almost thought I was the only one alive is where I got the most hits and comments. So I think it would be fair to chalk it up to Divine interception. Either way I still sit here quite humbled and am prayerfully concerned that what I am writing will glorify God and never stray from the truth.

No comments: