Monday, March 26, 2007

Greener Pastures?

My husband and I are in a place where one of our daughters husband left her and the kids with nothing. Another daughter just lost her job. We are in a place where we as parents have to help them get to the next place in their journey through life but be able to do it without enabling them.

We spent the week helping the unemployed daughter get her resume all polished and posted on the internet. She went on one interview already and has two set up for Tuesday. She has taken an online test to assess her computer skills. We have looked at all her bills to see what needs to be paid versus what to hold off on until the money is coming in again.

We are leading her with our knowledge yet letting her take the responsibility to forge ahead. She is doing great. It is a daunting task when one is suddenly unemployed.

I think of a man I contacted a while ago that said God never answered any of his prayers. I think of God being so very patient with us when we are in rough spots in our lives. He cannot just do it all for us. He can lead us in better directions but we need to take the initiative to forge ahead and handle the task at hand.

Yes, we may get tired and there usually is relief for a time but then we have to continue on. And God is there every step of the way. Like a shepherd to his sheep. Gently prodding and moving them to greener pastures. There are days when there is no green grass in sight but the shepherd in his wisdom keeps prodding knowing that if they keep moving forward they will eventually come upon the flourishing spots.

I pray that I will have the strength to keep moving forward. To know when to rest for a time and let God be God. To know the difference between God’s wisdom and mine. To know that he may not answer every prayer in my time or in my way but that he would show me the insufficiencies of my prayer, the selfish requests and give me the ability to pray his will be done at all cost.

No comments: