Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Eggless Bunny


There once was a bunny and egg,
The two were a pair to peg,
One day they did walk,
And the bunny did talk,
This is what he said:

‘Mr. Egg I’m going on a journey you see,
Would you like to come with me?’
‘Journey where? I have no feet.
Where will we go and who will we meet?’

‘I can hang you around my neck,
So you can join me on my trek,
To see the man upon the tree,
He hung to die for you and me!’

‘A man on a tree that died for an egg?
Oh, Bunny explain, I must beg!’
Bunny stammered and then he blinked,
He grinned real wide, then he winked,
And this is what he said:

‘This man died for the WHOLE world,
And that means you and me!
He did it for bunnies and eggs,
And… he called it… Easter?!’

Mr. Egg just laughed and said,
‘He didn’t die for you or me.
Men added us to lighten the sting,
The man won the victory!

Bunny I fear the story you've told,
Can never possibly truly unfold.
Easter is Jesus, the cross and his rise,
We are but a compromise.

Tales are a bad thing… no not on your butt,
One has to know exactly what’s what.
The truth be told, we must tell the truth,
To play with religion is so very uncouth.

Bunnies don’t talk and eggs only roll,
But Jesus died and then he rose,
He is coming again to gather his own,
And for his bride he will compose.’

No comments: